Sunday, January 28, 2007

1st Self Portrait Option

If someone looked at this picture they would automatically construct an image of who I was. A girl, maybe with blue eyes since the blonde hair, and whatever else they can think of, just by looking at the back of my head. Its not being stereotypical it’s just how males and females are viewed. But perhaps, I was to wear a baseball cap with my hair tucked in, what would they look at me any different. Maybe or maybe not, but from picture one can see that I took time to do my hair by styling it. This is the normal routine for all girls; they do their hair and makeup because that is what is considered a normal routine in society. On the other hand boys will maybe talk half as long as many girls, maybe styling their hair with a little gel. Well then should girls shave their heads and get short haircuts to save them all that time. Probably no, because you don’t see many girls with their hair shaved off and if you do you notice that all eyes are on her. Therefore, I have learned from this lesson that there are some issues with gender identity present today. It’s not like they affect me because I want to do my hair to look nice, but then there are times when I just don’t feel like it and I just throw it up. Stuff like that doesn’t bother me but I choose to dress up because I feel good about myself when I look nice, but when I am myself with no makeup on at all and my hair is all messy I feel even better.

No comments: