Sunday, March 11, 2007

Tender Buttons

I enjoyed reading Tender Buttons, but I found it hard to comprehend many of the things Stein was trying to explain. I think the text and the way that she worded the descriptions with such vivid adjectives made it very interesting. When writing my poems I tried to take her style into account by trying to develop a deep and convoluted description. In the beginning, I found it hard but once I wrote one I found it easier and enjoyable. I think I succeeded in writing the poems, but may have lacked the deep descriptions that Stein produces. I tried to go outside the box as much as I could by writing down descriptions with twisted meanings. In addition, I think I succeeded in re-writing the poems as I was doing the project. In fact I thought my poems sounded more appealing after I completed the project because they sounded more thorough.

No comments: