Sunday, April 8, 2007

Film Stills

I decided to construct a film still dealing with what many women young and old do before they go out in the morning or any time of day. Women make themselves look presentable by washing their face or showering, drying their hair, putting on makeup, and getting dressed up. And many men wonder why women take so long, its because they do so much just to prepare. However, I feel that women put this pressure on themselves of having to look good all the time. Whether it is pressure from society of competition, many including I feel that we have to make ourselves look good. I know I don't wear makeup all the time, but when I get dressed up makeup usually comes with the process. Sometimes I enjoy getting ready, but other times I think of how fast it takes a man to get ready and I wonder why don't they need to do anything so "special." They take a shower and get dressed, and shave occasionally. I chose to do this because I feel that it is important for people to realize the time that women put in to look pretty, because sometimes many look past this. Women are beautiful even without the makeup and everything, but they put the time in for a reason which should be noticed. I believe the pictures do a good job in showing just some of the main details that women perform to get ready.

No comments: